Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Water & Oil

Hello everyone,

Sorry things have been so quiet recently on the blogging front, but I have been off work and having some well deserved down time over in Italy and Greece.
Had an amazing time, loads of shopping, eating incredible food, partying and the typical site seeing.

But it's back to reality now, and it's full steam ahead for organising shoots and catching up on what's been going on.

Seeing I have just been over in Italy I thought I would find something to show you from Italia Vogue, I then came across this very controversial shoot by Steven Meisel, one of this industry’s top photographers who is known for his love for controversial themes.

This issue of Vogue Italia addressed the worst environmental disaster that has destroyed the natural habitat of thousands of species and the Gulf coast, the BP oil spill. It's very dark and intense, but it's so great that even the fashion would was able to acknowledge this disaster and get a message across to the world via these amazing images!

Photos by Vogue Italia/Steven Meisel












2 comments:

  1. I wrote a bit of a review/analysis on this same editorial, not that I do this regularly. I was just really impressed by it. Feel free to check it out:

    http://danthomas79.wordpress.com/2010/12/23/water-and-oil/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete